Monday, March 13, 2017

Summer / Spring Clean


Yesterday the opportunity arrived for a deep summer / spring clean. I'd been longing to set aside the time and have a fully-immersed day of clearing out clutter, sorting through papers and re-designing my house and essentially my life. I woke up slowly, enjoyably as one might do on a Sunday morning - allowing sleep to shift itself out of my mind as the wind howled mightily and the sun streamed in through my skylight. There was (and always is) much to be grateful for. 
Between the duster, broom and vacuum there were moments for tea, raw chocolate and song switching. The designing part, replacing my collectables in different places and creating a beautiful new feel brought me the most joy. The tough stuff can be found in sorting papers, re-reading cards and letters with tear-streams or laughter lines. And then night arrives, settling down, bum on the carpet, back against the couch, a bowl of hearty vegetables made with love and a little time to relax before I crawl into bed and close my eyes.


I welcome Autumn.
Windy, wistful, wondrous days. 
Some making pumpkin stew 
and others spent creating 
deep rouge berry pies.


Be Present.




Cherish & Treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment