Thursday, January 9, 2014

Early Mornings

I began today with a wake up call from my mother at 6 am and instead of rolling over and sinking back into the comforting embrace of slumber, I grasped at opportunity and got the idea to take an early brisk walk on the beach. My mother, the bright and energetic woman that she is joined meg and a few minutes later our feet were sinking into the stretches of untouched sand. The scenery was exquisite, there was a shallow river slowly retreating through a stream back into the sea, mountains rose out of the early morning mist and as we worked up the energy for a few quick sprints, the clear and tentative waves lapped light at our feet. Once we'd fueled up on energy my mother would point out a marker and we'd take off sprinting. After a few sprints, ashamed as I am to admit, I could feel a burning within the pit of my stomach and paired with a shortness of breath I decided in that moment that the rest of January would be dedicated to getting fit again. And so once we arrived home, we made a zesty green juice, showered and began to feel the effects of an energetic morning. Here's to the new year!

Upon seeing five crows this morning, I repeated this quick rhyme I'd learnt from a Buffy/Angel book as a teenager:

"One crow sorrow 
Two crows mirth
Three crows a wedding
Four crows birth
Five crows silver
Six crows gold
Seven crows a secret 
which must never be told."

No comments:

Post a Comment