Friday, May 17, 2013

My life in the Roaring 20s

If i lived in the 1920s, my name would be Clara Belle. I would be of French and Swiss lineage, born into a family of wealth. I would have enjoyed many pleasures yet remained humble due the relationship between the children of the servants and myself. One might have found me lounging in the garden under an apple tree with a novel in hand, occasionally picking at strawberries or playing with my loose and astonishingly long hair. I would be seen enjoying glasses of champagne at night and dancing with many partners into the early hours of the morning. I would never have left the house without a long and elegant cigarette, a peacock feather perched in my hair and a clutch large enough to carry a book to occupy me during lengthy train rides into the country. Before bed, I would have indulged in long and luxurious baths and lain in my four poster bed gazing up at the glow-in-the-dark stars I'd pasted there to remind myself that dreams do eventually become reality, and then I'd close my eyes and picture the face of the rogue with whom I was in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment