Friday, February 22, 2013

25 C

I then began my trial at 222 Veggie Vegan, something I thoroughly loved. I chopped, peeled, sliced, diced and learnt a lot about knife skills and dealing with the 'heat of the kitchen'. I found that the kitchen brings out my sarcasm, irritation and back chat, things I never would normally allow people I've just met to see. After my first week I was able to try out the front, setting up the tables, buffet and learning about the till. I found I really enjoyed it and thrived in the more relaxed and laid back environment. I was still able to help with the cooking and prepping of the buffet dishes a well as chat to customers. I now feel like a real Londoner and if i don't speak whilst on the bus, in the other passenger's eyes I really am one. I catch two buses on my way to work and now, because I don't feel worried that I've caught the wrong bus anymore, I'm able to sit back and listen to my ipod while watching the sights flash past. 
and..... TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
After watching a bunch of Buffy The Vampire slayer episodes last night I saw a red envelope propped up on the side board and on the back it read, "Don't open until the 22nd" - torture, i tell you!
This morning when I awoke i sang happy birthday to myself and gave myself a little make over before going downstairs to finally open the red envelope. My aunt and uncle had gifted me with 20 pounds. I'd also received a voucher for Topshop from my parents and stockings from Jasper who had visited me for 3 days. This morning I made myself pancakes and really indulged myself with a few cups of tea, and now I plan to catch a bus to Oxford Street and enjoy the joys of shopping at Topshop!


No comments:

Post a Comment